The care and research program will particularly focus on the following objectives, defined in four workpackages :
- Develop innovative tools, experimental models and therapeutic approaches that can help tailoring individualized acute ischemic stroke therapy in future;
- Better understand the pathophysiology of familial and common forms of SVD, their exact consequences at cerebral and clinical level through targeted experiments and innovative clinical and imaging approaches;
- Refine risk stratification and preventive treatments in patients with carotid arterial disease and patent foramen ovale;
- Optimize prognostication and improve therapeutic decisions in patients with intracranial hemorrhage;
- Identify novel biomarkers that can help therapeutic evaluation through the set-up of common highly phenotyped cohorts of CeVD patients and shared biobanks.